By Gordon Banks
For ten years Gordon Banks used to be generally said to be the simplest goalkeeper on the earth, and, maybe, the simplest there is ever been. in addition to avid gamers like Bobby Moore, Banks was once first on Sir Alf Ramsey's teamsheet - England's number 1 in either 1966 and 1970. yet in his leading, months after being named 1972 Footballer of the 12 months, it was once all minimize brief whilst Banks misplaced a watch in a vehicle crash. He defied scientific opinion by way of struggling with his long ago onto the soccer box finishing his occupation twiddling with different legends like Pele, George top and Franz Beckenbauer within the fledgeling North American League. This publication is the tale of a real English hero and an account of England's most interesting footballing years.
Read or Download Banksy: My Autobiography PDF
Similar sports & outdoors books
A special mix of literary highway motion picture and homicide secret. 'They dragged her out of the lake at sunrise. No jaw, one eye socket like a few unusual fish. The water used to be ultimate and shutting, the centre clean because the tissue of a scar. Then, in a spot one thousand miles from the sea, they discovered whatever which would were a seashell yet which they knew used to be now not.
The correct introductory football publication for kids a long time 3-7! First in a brand new sequence, this photo booklet will get young children occupied with taking part in the attractive online game! It contains an inspiring message from U. S. males s nationwide group big name Landon Donovan! an invaluable thesaurus and quiz also are integrated.
This man is a seminal martial arts instructor. And an early exponent of combined martial arts! What they dont comprehend is that Tegner was once writing to a civilian inhabitants in a comparatively secure, legislation abiding global, the place such a lot men have been going to deal, at worst, with a few bullying and a problem to «take it outside».
- Grumman EA-6A Intruder EA-6B Prowler
- Altitude Illness: Prevention & Treatment: How to Stay Healthy at Altitude: From Resort Skiing to Himalayan Climbing
- Cricket Made Simple An Entertaining Introduction to the Game for Mums & Dads
- Andy Russell: A Steeler Odyssey
Additional info for Banksy: My Autobiography
28. Alf Ramsey. 29. Leicester City’s four home internationals. 30. Welcoming a young Peter Shilton to Filbert Street. 31. Mexico ’70. 32. The 1970 World Cup save from Pelé’s header. 33. The ball balloons over the bar to safety. 34. Organizing your defence. 35. In action for England against Scotland in 1971. 36. George Best about to pounce. 37. Pre-season training around the lanes of Cheshire. 38. My favourite photograph: saving Geoff Hurst’s penalty. 39. Stoke City’s victory over West Ham in the semi-final of the League Cup in 1972.
As I sat on the bus to Chesterfield, I felt full of anticipation about this new love of my life. My performances for the Chesterfield youth team earned me a promotion to the A team, then the reserves. I’d allowed myself to dream but the reality of the Central League woke me up with a jolt.
All your experience and technique takes over. The skills I had acquired through countless hours of practice and study had become what psychologists call ‘overlearned’, or, in layman’s terms, second nature. I suddenly found myself at a forty-degree angle with my right hand stretching out toward the post, my eyes trained on the quickly descending ball. One thing did flash through my mind: If I do make contact, I’ll not hold this. Instinct, over-learning, call it what you will – I knew that if I made contact with the ball, I had to get it up in the air.